My first Indian Wedding (in India)...
A two week long celebration! I only attended SIX events... but there were more than FIFTEEN!!!
The wedding itself had more than one-thousand people in attendance (dinner was served, open bar etc).
I'm so far behind with work... that I don't have time to write much... but just wanted to get some pictures up. These pics are from the wedding itself -- I bought and Indian "curta" to wear... which I actually quite liked:
The arrival of the groom: (in a carriage covered with flowers - drawn by two white horses)... guys carried lanterns and there was dancing in the street as we walked to the brides house (busses with bars inside followed)... also - I can't imagine how many bottles of Dom Perignon were SPRAYED into the crowd..

The bride arrives - under this canopy of flowers:
Walking into the event - outside the bride's house. Both bride and groom live in "farmhouses" on the outskirts of Delhi -- please imagine that a "farmhouse" is the equivalent to living at a farm in Bel Air. Lights covered the ground... and there were so many roses floating in water and scattered along the ground -- that the whole place smelled of roses:
The bride and groom:
People flew in from all over the place -- here I'm with Jamie... who lives in the Cayman Islands...

A sense of the event -- the groom's family all wore red turbans (on the groom's side... friends were given turbans and scarves - pictured)

I've got too much work to do to write more... each event was more incredible.. and over-the-top than the last... I can't imagine the bar tab for this thing...
Write more later --
sd
A two week long celebration! I only attended SIX events... but there were more than FIFTEEN!!!
The wedding itself had more than one-thousand people in attendance (dinner was served, open bar etc).
I'm so far behind with work... that I don't have time to write much... but just wanted to get some pictures up. These pics are from the wedding itself -- I bought and Indian "curta" to wear... which I actually quite liked:

The arrival of the groom: (in a carriage covered with flowers - drawn by two white horses)... guys carried lanterns and there was dancing in the street as we walked to the brides house (busses with bars inside followed)... also - I can't imagine how many bottles of Dom Perignon were SPRAYED into the crowd..

The bride arrives - under this canopy of flowers:

Walking into the event - outside the bride's house. Both bride and groom live in "farmhouses" on the outskirts of Delhi -- please imagine that a "farmhouse" is the equivalent to living at a farm in Bel Air. Lights covered the ground... and there were so many roses floating in water and scattered along the ground -- that the whole place smelled of roses:

The bride and groom:

People flew in from all over the place -- here I'm with Jamie... who lives in the Cayman Islands...

A sense of the event -- the groom's family all wore red turbans (on the groom's side... friends were given turbans and scarves - pictured)

I've got too much work to do to write more... each event was more incredible.. and over-the-top than the last... I can't imagine the bar tab for this thing...
Write more later --
sd

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home