Here it is!!! THE CANE:
(please read the earlier post if this doesn't make sense)...
Yes, it is... dashing, isn't it? It is a dog head... some people MISTAKENLY think it is a DUCK. Now, a DUCK would be nice too -- but I think the dog with a long snout is a nice touch.
And... THIS is what I look like with it... Sibi took this photo for me. I think the cane makes me look like I have really long legs -- or just that I look really bad - or something is just "off" here. I don't normally stand with my hand oddly placed around the dog head -- I've done this simply to "display" the cane. I was heading out to a fancy lunch with my friend John... and I think HE thought the cane helped us get a nice table.
It's funny -- today I passed a woman with a brass-headed cane... she was ALSO riding in a bicycle rickshaw and I felt an odd connection to her. Sometimes I hobble along with other walking-challenged people on the street...
OOOHHH - and I almost forgot!! ...the BEST STORY of all. I was leaving a restaurant today and I SAW the man who STOLE my money!! Remember the guy who came to sell me curtains and I paid him up-front? (He was pictured months ago smiling at my dining table.) Well, he took the money... but NEVER showed up with my curtains! Well.. I finally saw him today. We made eye contact... and he turned... I shouted, "SIR... STOP!!!" But, he saw my cane!!! And.. I was NO MATCH for a thief on the run! It was quite a pathetic site, I'm sure, if anyone had known the story... me yelling, "Sir, stop" with NO CHANCE of ever catching him. I'm laughing just writing this... it really is a ridiculous story.
And... since there's a lot of talk of dear Sibi -- I thought it was high time for another photo of her. Man, I don't know how I'm going to get by without Sibi.
Sibi seems to enjoy the flowers almost (it's not possible to enjoy them AS MUCH as I do)... but Sibi does enjoy caring for them (I think)... here's a pic of the latest arrangement.
I think people are starting to get to know me for my cane... people at the market seem to smile at me now like: "oooh, you... the odd guy with the cane... yes... I hope you're ok today".
Anyway -- working from home this week. My friend Meredith comes to stay with me tonight for a few nights. It'll be good to have the guest room (one of them) in use...
-sd

(please read the earlier post if this doesn't make sense)...
Yes, it is... dashing, isn't it? It is a dog head... some people MISTAKENLY think it is a DUCK. Now, a DUCK would be nice too -- but I think the dog with a long snout is a nice touch.
And... THIS is what I look like with it... Sibi took this photo for me. I think the cane makes me look like I have really long legs -- or just that I look really bad - or something is just "off" here. I don't normally stand with my hand oddly placed around the dog head -- I've done this simply to "display" the cane. I was heading out to a fancy lunch with my friend John... and I think HE thought the cane helped us get a nice table.It's funny -- today I passed a woman with a brass-headed cane... she was ALSO riding in a bicycle rickshaw and I felt an odd connection to her. Sometimes I hobble along with other walking-challenged people on the street...
OOOHHH - and I almost forgot!! ...the BEST STORY of all. I was leaving a restaurant today and I SAW the man who STOLE my money!! Remember the guy who came to sell me curtains and I paid him up-front? (He was pictured months ago smiling at my dining table.) Well, he took the money... but NEVER showed up with my curtains! Well.. I finally saw him today. We made eye contact... and he turned... I shouted, "SIR... STOP!!!" But, he saw my cane!!! And.. I was NO MATCH for a thief on the run! It was quite a pathetic site, I'm sure, if anyone had known the story... me yelling, "Sir, stop" with NO CHANCE of ever catching him. I'm laughing just writing this... it really is a ridiculous story.
And... since there's a lot of talk of dear Sibi -- I thought it was high time for another photo of her. Man, I don't know how I'm going to get by without Sibi.
Sibi seems to enjoy the flowers almost (it's not possible to enjoy them AS MUCH as I do)... but Sibi does enjoy caring for them (I think)... here's a pic of the latest arrangement.I think people are starting to get to know me for my cane... people at the market seem to smile at me now like: "oooh, you... the odd guy with the cane... yes... I hope you're ok today".
Anyway -- working from home this week. My friend Meredith comes to stay with me tonight for a few nights. It'll be good to have the guest room (one of them) in use...
-sd

1 Comments:
Aw Seth, sorry to hear about your knee. I am happy to hear you don't need surgery. I have to say I am jealous of your cane. So much prettier than my crutches from freshman year. I miss you dearly and am glad you are back with writing on your blog regularly.
XOXOXO
Stacy
Post a Comment
<< Home