Sunday, July 30, 2006

And... we're back. After that brief break...
If I still have any blog readers -- thanks for sticking with me as we were briefly censored by the Indian government (shut down access to all blogging following Mumbai blasts). Not so sure what they may have accomplished --
I realize there is a LOT to catch up on -- I'm still getting questions as to where I'm living etc. So... A quick recap: I chose the bigger apartment - 3 bedrooms and absolutely love it. I don't absolutely love trying to FURNISH all of it -- but it's bright and open and in a really great neighborhood.
I brought home a ton of work to do over the weekend. I'm just getting back from a trip to Bangalore where I shot six stories (mostly business features) during my time there. I really love Bangalore. The weather is fantastic -- such a nice break from Delhi. I made it to my favorite restaurant a number of times (Hypnos) and have some friends that invited me for a good home-cooked meal at their house. Namu and Vivek (the friends - I went to college w/ Namu) also have a art gallery/furniture store and were having a little party. As I can't get my digital pictures to transfer at the moment... here's a clip from the Times of India --
It's really annoying that I can't get my pictures to transfer as I took some photos of my terrace -- now with 18 or so plants I bought yesterday at the nursery.
Well... with no photos -- this blog entry is really LACKING -- I like being able to illustrate w/ the photos -- hmmm...
Last night I had dinner with a friend from my U.S., Candice, who is here visiting family and her cousins took us out for SUSHI at the Oberoi hotel. I have steered away from fish since I got here (any inland city concerns me a bit -- particularly here) but MAN do I miss sushi. It really is such a perfect meal.
Through Candice I got my first little glimpse at the "high-society" Delhi - no, I'm not a part of it ;) -- art galleries, parties etc. It was fun to see -- but I'm not so sure I need to (or could) keep up the schedule required. I like eating dinner late... but 1am is pushing it.
I'm going to London on Wednesday morning... (my friends Nick and Justin arrive here in India the FOLLOWING DAY... and Noelle arrives FRIDAY). This job, while incredible, prevents any real scheduling/personal life. Anyway... thankfully my friends will be here and span my 10 day trip to the UK -- so I should get to see them upon my return... which I'm really excited about! They'll have to struggle along with no furniture for a bit of that time... but I've gotten quite used to sitting on the mattress pad(still in its package) (very handy as a movable seat).
It came out at dinner last night... I'm REALLY looking forward to STARBUCKS. Yes, I know it is completely pathetic. I know they are a huge company that puts mom&pop coffee joints out of business... I know people say their coffee isn't that good -- but... it's still STARBUCKS that I'm most excited about. I've already calculated when I might get my FIRST Starbucks... if I land at 1pm....
Ok, I've got to get these pictures working... my apologies. A lack-luster return to blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home