Monday, July 31, 2006

It's very exciting to have my camera up and running again. Just wanted to share a few photos following my trip to the nursery -- I sat outside (on the floor) last evening for a bit and enjoyed all of my new plants. It IS quite windy on the terrace at times -- and one of the pots has already cracked.
It kind of seems appropriate as last night I was in bed something DROPPED on me and woke me up. I was quite surprised -- thinking it was some sort of lizard/bug etc.
Well... no... it was just the paint peeling off of the ceiling and dropping on my bed.
This is SO typical... I was told my my landlords HOW EXPENSIVE the paint job was (it's a light pink -- not my favorite color)... but it is CLEAR to me that they didn't exactly do a lot of prep-work. I find this is the way a lot of things are -- they APPEAR nice/new etc... but usually that isn't the case.
More shots of the botanical garden I'm creating...













Now... following the request of a blog reader -- I'm including a picture of Sibi on the blog... here she is - making lunch. She's just incredible -- I really like her...
And finally, a picture of my SPARSE home... I've been bringing work home -- here is the SX/edit deck set up on my ONLY piece of furniture. My coffee table is made from an iron grate that used to be in a window -- it is very heavy. The case serves as my 0nly chair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home