Wow - it is so amazing to have friends here to visit.I made it back to India -- about 12 days after Justin, Nick and Noelle came here to visit me. Luckily they had a great time hiking (actually, it seems like it was more of a death-defying TREK) and touring India before I got back from London. I can't really describe how amazing it is to have good, old friends here to visit -- other than to say it feels like a LUXURY to have them here -- friends to chat with -- catch up with... so nice.
We've had some amazing dinners and great days -- some of my favorite moments just being here at my new apartment chatting, having tea, reading and listening to music.
It's not that I didn't appreciate friends BEFORE this trip... but being so far away and experiencing so much alone really makes it that much more wonderful to share some of these experiences with others.
I have more pictures to share... but my little camera adapter seems to be acting a bit funky -- so this one will have to "represent" the trip for now. We made it out to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. After making the trip a few years ago I said I'd never go back (driving here is nail-biting to say the least)... but I really enjoyed our road trip out there.
Everyone is pictured above left to right -- Justin, Nick, Noelle (me).
While they've been here -- ALL of my furniture has been delivered -- and I LOVE it (so does Sibi, I think). Really putting together quite the little spot here.
I asked Sibi to make something light for us to eat with cocktails before dinner tonight -- and we got home to a nice plate of veggies and some GREAT dish with chicken wrapped in this potato puff -- I don't quite know how I lucked out with Sibi.
I have some pics of the place -- and more of our trip... just wanted to post this before I went to bed.
I was supposed to go to Mumbai this weekend to visit my friend Steve for the "going away party" for another friend (Andy) -- but Phil (my boss) called today to tell me I'd have to cancel my trip because CNN may be sending me away this weekend. It is s quite a coup that they're sending me (or thinking about it -- not 100% yet) as they were debating sending some other (more senior) peeps -- so should be good... but it's too bad to miss my Mumbai weekend.
Anyway -- I'm off to bed...
Will write more.
xx - S

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home